Books make perfect gifts anytime of year but for Museums lovers Christmas is a special time as you canindulge (or be indulged) in the luxury of a hardback. So, with that in mind EVE have put together a collection of 12 books we think are this season’s best books related with Museums to suit any museology’s knowledge needed.
1. Codes of Ethics and Practice of Interest to Museums
Washington, D.C. American Association of Museums, 2000.
2. Practical Evaluation Guide: Tools for Museums and Other Informal Educational Settings
Walnut Creek, Cal.: AltaMira Press, 1999.
3. The AAM Guide to Collections Planning
GARDNER, J.B., and MERRIT, E.
Washington, D.C.: American Association of Museums, 2004.
4. The Jossey-Bass Handbook of Nonprofit Leadership and Management
HERMAN, R.D., ed.
San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1994.
5. Museum Strategy and Marketing: Designing Missions, Building Audiences, Generating Revenue and Resources
KOTLER, N. and KOTLER, P.
New York: Jossey-Bass / John Wiley. Inc., 1998.
6. The Legal Obligations of Nonprofit Boards: A Guidebook for Board Members
LEIFER, J.C. and GLOMB, M. B.
Washington, D.C.: Board Source, 1992.
7. Museum Security and Protection: A Handbook for Cultural Heritage Institutions
LISTEN, D. ed.
Paris, London, and New York: International Council of Museums and Routledge, 1993.
8. A Legal Primer on Managing Museum Collections
2nd ed. Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Press, 1998.
9. The Preservation Management Handbook: A 21st-Century Guide for Libraries, Archives, and Museums
HARVEY, R. and MAHARD, M.R.
Apr 10, 2014
10. Museum Law
Evanston, Il.: Kalos Kapp Press, 2001.
11. Standard Facility Report
Rev. 2nd edition.
Washington, D.C.: Registrars Committee of the American Association of Museums, 1998.
12. Making Museums Matter
Washington, D.C.: Smithsonian Institution Press, 2002.